P94M

Public School 61 Complex: 101 Years of Progressive Education

Public School 61 opened in September 1913 and closed in 1996, but three public schools continue the legacy of progressive, experiential, community-based education in the building. This is where Little Red Schoolhouse was founded, and this is where poor children could get an education.The three schools operating there today have much in common with the educators and students that previously walked the halls of Public School 61.

“Doctor Doolittle”

P94M students with the piano after a performance of “Doctor Doolittle” in the Public School 61 Complex auditorium.

image: 

Sing for Hope Piano

Sing for Hope, whose mission is “art for all,” donated a piano to P94M /

image: 
Subscribe to RSS - P94M