Charles B. J. Snyder

Charles B. J.Snyder in his office, circa 1900. From Wikipedia.

image: 

1867 Map of East 12th Street

1867 map of East 12th Street.

image: 

Public School 61 Cafeteria Door

A teacher and a child look out of the cafeteria door onto East 12th Street at the end of the school day. From LIFE Magazine.

image: 

Hurry Children Go to School

Principal Max Francke hurries children to class at the start of the school day. From LIFE Magazine.

image: 

Public School 61 Playground

The playground of Public School 61 circa 1985.

image: 

Willard Parker Hospital

Willard Parker Hospital circa 1897.

image: 

Public School 26

Public School 26 was erected in 1862 and demolished in 1930. Sauer Park was built on the site in 1934.

image: 

Kids Magazine

The cover of Kids Magazine as it appeared in the 1971 LIFE Magazine story.

image: 

Builder's Plaque

The bronze plaque outside the auditorium that lists all the people who worked on the construction of Public School 61.

image: 

East 14th Street and Avenue C

East 14th Street and Avenue C in 1916. Most of these buildings were torn down to make way for Stuyvesant Town in the early 1940s.

image: 

Pages

Subscribe to Public School 61 1913-2014 RSS